Monday, June 27, 2011

BET AWARDS 2011: THE CUTE AND QUESTIONABLE.

Ahh.. alas, the BET Awards! The most time I spend on that channel at one time all year haha. I love the awards though; full of entertainment, scandal and tons of laughs.. oh yea and great performances. Check out the cute and questionable fashion choices from last night's award show. 


And the winner is.. Kerry Washington. She looked stunning in an acid green Michael Khors backless column gown and black Christian Louboutins. My favorite look by far.




Maybe I'm out the loop because this is not my generation but I just don't get it. At all. Will, Jada.. come get your children.


 KeKe Palmer: I found this ruffled sparkling silver dress to be very age appropriate and a very good look for her. I would have done a different shoe, maybe something open toe but you can't have it all. haha

Kelly Rowland: Is it just me or Kelly the new 'it' girl?! I mean seriously though, she's everywhere and she's not missing any beats. I'm happy for her though.. She's always been my favorite member of Destiny's Child FYI. The X-factor judge rocked a  Notte by Marchesa fuschia colored dress with cascading ruffles paired with nude Jimmy Choo cut-out heels.


Nicki Minaj: Nicki girl, I love you I do but your making me hot with all those layers on. Don't tell me the super confident, ultra sexy, never scared to show some skin diva went conservative on me? Even just losing 
the leggings would have made this outfit a little bit better.


 Sequins were definitely the 'do' of the night! Tocarra wearing colored sequined minidress with 3/4 sleeves and Lala opting for a Tom Ford long sleeved mini dress from his Spring 2011 line. WORK!

Wearing a white and black Dolce & Gabanna look, Alicia Keys graced a carpet a bit more casual than we're used to; she still kept it elegant though.. love the Zebra pumps. RAWR *that's my cat noise*

Lorriane Gibson

 No.. this wasn't a joke. It was foreal. smh.


Miss Keri stepped out in a cute purple and black jumpsuit by Tibi and black heels. I liked this look.. something I would wear to happy hour or a dinner date with my gals.. BET Awards? ehh. No.

Loving Ledisi in this sparkly Romper ensemble! 

First time working for BET.com at the awards, actress Tika Sumpter looked haute in a Herve Leger mini slit white dress with keyhole slit at the top; revealed just enough.

I don't think this outfit was very appropriate for the awards, but then again.. I can't think of anywhere this lacey romper with plunging neckline would suffice.. Sorry Teairra. I do love the shoes though!

Channeling her inner figure skater, BET 106 & Park host Rocsi refused to dish the details on who designed her dress, stating, "Its a secret." Judging from the twitter commentary, it is really hit or miss with this look.. either you loved it or you hated it. I understand the look she was going for, but I don't think it was executed well. 

 Love Eve, so glad she's back. I liked this outfit with the exception of those shoes.. but i didn't see them from the side so I won't judge haha. Love her hair.. that braid is everything.

Although many people opted for a more casual look this year, Megan Good took the traditional route and stepped out in a black ball gown.  The dress is pretty, however she is drowning in it. Flaunt your figure girl.. 

 Ahh.. my favorite hollywood couple at the moment! They are hilarious. Did anyone peep them making out during Patti Labelle's tribute? Classic. haha. I don't love Amber's outfit, but those Versace heels.. NOTEWORTHY

Source

 What was your most and least favorite look? 


 

No comments: