Sunday, October 30, 2011
Yes! It's true! I've extended The Juicy Journal blog to Tumblr! I will mainly be using Tumblr to reblog things I love including fashion, beauty, celebs I love, and music (you can expect some randomness as well haha). I like to think of it as my blog's inspiration since it will include all things I ♥ dearly. I hope that you all join me on my Tumblr journey!
Check out the Tumblr Page here or on the 'Tumblr' page tab at the top of the blog
I'm soooo excited! =]
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Hey everyone! Today was a bit of a drag huh?! Not even Halloween yet and snow (and rain) are falling and
FUR: Currently, I'm having this love affair with fur. I just love the feeling. On my wishlist are a full fur hat, scarf and earmuffs. I promise I won't wear them all at once but I must have each of them! haha.
HAIR ACCESSORIES: My natural hair is finally at a point where I can attach pretty bows and other accessories to it for added spice and I'm so excited! Time to get CRAY! haha
MONIF C. : If you've been keeping up with my posts, then you are aware that Monif C. has released her holiday collection of dresses for 2011; my favorite being the Samantha Sequin which is AMAZING. Another hot Monif dress is the Emme Ponte Knit Arrow dress in ivory and black. This dress is simple enough to wear to work, and chic enough to wear for a special occasion. I love dresses that are multi-functional.
SEQUIN DRESS & BLAZER (DOROTHY PERKINS): seriously, who doesn't love sequins.. great way to stand out at night.
HANDBAGS: The Neon Satchel from Cambridge Satchel Company I ♥ . I can't think of any color I can't wear this bag with.
LEATHER SKIRT: Leather Cult Company offers custom made leather pieces including skirts, shorts, pants, jackets and much more! Not only custom sizing, but custom length and color choices as well. This is undoubtedly the item on my wishlist I want the most, and better be under the Christmas tree. =]
AMERICAN APPAREL LEGGINGS: I love that American Apparel has expanded their sizes to an XL. I guess someone talked some sense into them?! A lot of companies need to follow suit. Sorry to mess up your perfect little company's image but the average size in the US is a 16. Do you care more about image than company profit? I'm just saying *shrugs* Anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of liquid leggings but I love the variety of colors these come in, and paired with a blazer and colorful pumps, the result could be magical.
SHEEPSKIN UGGS: Last winter, I completely abandoned my UGGs. I traded them in for military boots which I still love to death and hope will never go out of style. Even though my love for UGG boots have faded, these sheepskin ones have definitely made me fall in love all over again. It brings out your inner diva and makes you feel on top of the world. Besides, I believe every girl should channel their inner Snooki! ♥
EVANS BELTED TUNIC/LACE ACCENT TOP (DP): The lace accented sheer top from Dorothy Perkins would be a nice addition to my wardrobe, and very fall 2011. I have a bunch of lace tops but nothing lace accented so this piece is necessary to me. I've been on a sheer obsession for a few months now so this Evans Belted Tunic should be no surprise, but what I love about it is the length which allows me to throw it on in a hurry with leggings and still look FAB!
WHAT'S ON YOUR WISHLIST?
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
I'm guessing most of you have seen the Beyonce video for "Party"? If your answer is yes, then you exactly why I've done a "shoeicide" for the song's video. If your answer is no, don't worry.. I've got you covered!
I can't say that I'm the biggest Beyonce
Stan, but I can say that she works hard and it shows. Her third video in less than a month, the "Party" video was an amazing visual with even better shoe choices! I literally couldn't stop myself from staring at her feet every time the camera panned them haha.
My favorite shoes from the video were undoubtedly, the Dior Tahiti Ankle Wrap Platform Pumps! *Happy Dance* I love the colors and the ability to switch the ribbon for any color makes the possibilities endless. Definitely a summer shoe, but we all have closets don't we? Brights will always be in for summer! If you have $1,550, you can buy these now at Nordstrom ...
Not trying to break the bank?! Jeffrey Campbell ♥ has a similar alternative for only $149. That's more like it! Also available at Nordstrom.
For those of you who didn't see the video!
PS: Rapper/Singer Khia is claiming that Beyonce
Do you remember last year during the holiday season when Nicki Minaj had her own Pink Friday lipstick available for MAC? I remember very clearly because as much as I wanted it, it was not MY color and I didn't want to be "that girl" haha.
This holiday season, Ms. Minaj has decided to join the likes of Katy Perry, Serena William and the Glee Cast with her very own OPI Nail Polish collection! This I can and will definitely take part in ♥ ! The collection will feature 6 cool and glitter-filled colors including a deep purple shatter. Find Nicki's OPI collection on a shelf near you for $8.50 each at the top of the New Year!
|Super Bass Shatter, Metallic 4 Life, Save Me, Fly, Did It On Em, Pink Friday (Left to Right)|
|The Samantha, The Carrie, The Charlotte & The Miranda|
Hey everyone! Do you think it's too early to browse for that office Christmas party? What about that show-stopping New Year's Eve dress? Halloween isn't even here yet but Monif C. is one person who believes your holiday wear search starts NOW! She has recently revealed her holiday collection for 2011 and as always, it's to
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
|Photo courtesy of Fashion Bomb Daily|
Hey everyone! If you follow me on twitter, you know that I went on quite a rant when this picture of Ms. Rowland was released. (@_2juicy_ for those of you who don't follow me *shameless plug* haha) We've witnessed this new sex kitten Kelly
creep upon us slowly, so slowly that we almost didn't even notice it. There was the racy Vibe and Cosmopolitan covers, the Motivation and Lay it on Me music videos and more cleavage than a christian southern belle would allow. This however, has got to be the noise that started the avalanche; I feel like there is much worse on the way.
This would be a whole different conversation if Kelly Rowland wasn't talented. Often times we see struggling artists revert to sex appeal as a way to cover up their lack of talent; Kelly has too much of a gift to be showing off her goods as if she has something to prove.
Didn't any of these celebs learn anything from Toni Braxton and her nude Vibe cover that ultimately ended her career?!
Anywho.. What do you think of Kelly Rowland letting out her inner sex kitten? Def or Def Not?
Hi everyone!! Are you loving the varsity jacket as much as I am? I have to admit, when browsing store windows at the end of the summer season and seeing lettermans on display, my first thought instinctively was "How high school" haha. It wasn't because the jacket reminded me of varsity sports, but more so because it reminded me of the 'old' me. The 17 and wear sneakers everyday me. I'm so far from that now. On casual days now, I pull on some leggings with some military boots and throw on a long flowy top. With that said, you can understand my mini
Monday, October 17, 2011
I know most of you have either seen the first episode of Chelsea Settles or have at least heard a buzz about it. If you haven't seen it, allow me to fill you in. Chelsea Settles is a new reality show on MTV featuring an overweight 23 year old girl from a small town in PA, who studied fashion in college but is so embarrassed of her weight that she has let her dreams hold her back.
Going through great measures not to draw attention to herself, Chelsea eats alone, hides fast food bags in the back of her car and arrives to class an hour ahead of time just to pick out a chair she can fit in. One aspect of her life however that her weight has not interfered with is her love life. Chelsea is in a long distance relationship with boyfriend Rory who is in the Army, stationed in Kentucky. Even though the relationship seems to be going well, Chelsea soon reveals that he has cheated on her. Chelsea justifies her boyfriend's infidelity as okay because she doesn't know "who else will love me at my size". After having dinner with Rory and hearing him doubt her ability to move to LA and "fit in", Chelsea decides that she is not going to let anyone deter her from her goals. Later that week, Chelsea makes her first attempt at 'clubbing' but decides to leave after the bouncer tells her to step aside as he lets thinner girls enter. As she walked back to her car, drunk club-goers shouted terrible weight related remarks at Chelsea, who broke down crying and tore off her microphone equipment. After 5 days of feeling down, Chelsea finally decided to make a change and move to LA to chase her dreams!
What I love about this show is its relatability; Weight is such a sensitive subject and it hits a nerve with even the skinniest girl in the room. Chelsea is so brave for sharing her story and I wish her nothing but the best of luck on her journey.. she is definitely not alone and is such an inspiration to girls all over the world.
The show airs every Tuesday at 11pm ET on MTV!
Follow Chelsea Settles on Twitter: @ChelseaSettles
Thursday, October 13, 2011
Hey everyone! A few days ago I got an unexpected email from fellow Fashion Blogger, Cherrie Amore who has nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award! How exciting! I truly do enjoy Cherrie's blog and if you haven't yet checked it out please do so! She is the QUEEN of trendy shopping on a budget and has plenty of DIY tips as well to take your wardrobe to the next level.
So here are the RULES
1) Link back to the person who passed you the award
2) Complete the form below
3) Share 7 random things about yourself
4) Award 10 Blogs and drop them a line about it
.7 RANDOM THINGS.
My 10 Kreativ Blogger Nominees:
- Name your favorite song: To name my all time favorite song would be impossible, but I will say my favorite song right now is Wale Feat. Miguel - Lotus Flower Bomb
- Name your favorite dessert: Pralines & Cream Ice Cream
- What pisses you off: This may sound a bit
juvenilehaha but, it pisses me off when things don't go my way. I usually have a plan of how I want things in my life to go and when it goes otherwise, I tend to get overwhelmed! I'm learning to let go though and let nature take it's course. *pinky promise*
- When you're upset, you: Call my boyfriend. He never tells me what I want to hear but always tell me the truth. My voice of reason indeed! ♥ . Also, the gym; the combination of sweat and loud music in my ear always help me cope.
- Your favorite pet: When I was about 10, I had a few goldfish. Lame, I know! haha. I do future plans for a Yorkie named Bentley!
- Black or White: I love a LBD, but a LWD compliments my skin tone so much more!
- Your biggest fear: Failure.
- Your best feature: My smile =]
- Everyday attitude: Stay positive and trust in the Lord. He'll never lead you astray.
- What is perfection: Whatever brings you happiness!
- Guilty Pleasure: SMOOTHIES. I have at LEAST one every two days.
.7 RANDOM THINGS.
- I'm Jamaican-American. The only American born in my immediate family to be exact!
- I'm the proud Aunty to 11 nieces and nephews.. yikes! haha
- I ♥ gossip blogs! I read them daily with my morning cup of tea! My favorites are Necole Bitchie & Mediatakeout.. Guilty Pleasure!
- Two shows that I'm completely obsessed with that aren't the usual (like True Blood, Jersey Shore) are Maury and Lockup! haha
- I'd pick a girl's night in with a good movie and wine over a club night every time! It's the Cancer in me.. I'm such a homebody.
- I have big dreams of being a School Psychologist.. not related to fashion I know but my love for fashion will always be here
- I LOVE leopard print. I couldn't pass it up if I tried haha. I am totally going to be that little old lady with her leopard print
fauxfur coat, cool shades and red nails. FAB!
My 10 Kreativ Blogger Nominees:
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Being that it's the first day of October, of course I have for you this month's cover girls! Lots of goodies on the racks... let's get started shall we?!
First we have Adele covering British Vogue.
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
(That should pretty much sum that up right?)
I absolutely love Adele and honestly, *whispering* I judge people who don't haha. Seriously though, if you want proof of just how amazing she is.. think about this. How did she come out with the best performance at the VMA's over Beyonce's baby bump rubbing, Jay-z & Kanye's surprise performance with pyrotechnics and Lil Wayne's memorable antics? She topped all those people with just a dim light and a piano man. That my dear, is TALENT!
- In this month's British Vogue, the gorgeous Adele opens up about her unique pre-performance ritual, single life and her opinion on the industry's obsession with weight.
“I’ve seen people where it rules their lives, who want to be thinner or have bigger boobs, and how it wears them down. And I don’t want that in my life. I have insecurities, of course, but I don’t hang out with anyone who points them out to me.”
- Our next cover girl, Angelina Jolie (who I will forever call 'Evelyn Salt' because she was just so
bad assin that film) is on the cover of Vanity Fair's newest issue. Jolie dishes details about her family life with Brad Pitt, directing her new film, "In the Land of Blood and Honey" and her plans for the future!
The new film is set to hit theatres December 23rd.
- Katy Perry is this month's covergirl for InStyle Magazine wearing a very pretty gray belted dress and cotton candy pink hair! Inside, the 26 year old singer talks about marriage, whether or not she is ready for children and her secret for getting her makeup done while on tour. I ♥ Katy Perry and can't wait to read.
- Model Chanel Iman, among four other models all have covers for this month's Elle Magazine. Wearing a white Herve Legar swimsuit and Gucci miniskirt, Elle's 'bombshell' gives readers her definition of what a bombshell is:
“Any woman who has a positive attitude about herself and carries herself with class but doesn’t try too hard and say, ya know, ‘Hey, look at me, I’m a bombshell,’ is basically a bombshell. It’s just a woman with a positive, strong attitude who knows she has it going on.”
- Flare Magazine, Canada's number one fashion mag has Frieda Pinto on their October 2011 issue. The 26 year old "Slumdog Millionaire" actress wears a fiery red ruffled dress by Giambattista Valli on the cover. Inside, Pinto shares with readers her relationship with boyfriend and "Slumdog Millionaire" co-star, how her life has changed in the past few years and her fashion style. When asked about her style on the Red Carpet, Pinto states:
“I look at it as fun. I think it’s terrifying if you’re trying to do something you’re not comfortable with, or trying to channel something you’re not. But if you’re just being true to the kind of clothes you wear, it’s fun.”
rapstressKreayshawn can be seen on the cover of Complex Magazine which is a pretty big deal for the overnight "Gucci Gucci" musician. As much as people love to criticize Kreayshawn, they are just as interested in hearing her story. On October 4th when this month's issue hits news stands, questions will finally be answered. Opening up about everything from her beef with rappers The Game and Rick Ross, to going from youtube videos to a million dollar record deal with her rap group White Girl Mob, this is a spread you and I cannot miss out on!
- You can catch Lady Gaga on the cover of Bazaar Magazine this month, but you may have to do a double take before realizing that it is in fact Gaga on the front cover. Wearing a very natural look with next to no makeup, Lady Gaga is shedding layers to show her softer side. Inside she reveals how she stays true to herself and talks body confidence. Gaga had this to say about body image and confidence:
“I’m very free-spirited. Even when I was a kid, I used to run around naked with the babysitter, driving her crazy. I do yoga, I do Bikram and I run, and I eat really healthy. You know, my work sort of feeds me. I keep in shape by working hard.”
- Last but not least, our leading lady Michelle Obama is on the cover of this month's Essence Magazine rocking a very vibrant, floral of the shoulder dress. Doesn't our First Lady have the best style!? Definitely what I strive to be in my older years. Michelle Obama sends this message out to our youth:“My story to young people around this country and around the world is, don’t look at me as the First Lady first; look at me as Michelle Obama, a girl who grew up on the South Side of Chicago. Because I was there, and this is attainable.”