Sunday, April 24, 2011

COACHELLA FESTIVAL 2011.

Last week there was a lot of internet buzz about the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival. This festival has been active since 2001, which is pretty crazy to me since I had never heard of it until this year. If you're a loyal fan of this festival, you may say I've been living under a rock...and maybe I have (I'll just blame my lack of knowledge on my college coursework haha)  but if you were like me and aren't too hip, allow me to break it down.

The Coachella Festival is a three day affairs organized by Goldenvoice, and held at the Empire Polo Fields in Indio, California. The event features music genres ranging from indie and electronic to soul and alternative rock in addition to huge art structures. There are several different stages and separate locations for camping/tents set-up throughout the grounds, each playing live music continuously. The festival itself is in a desert setting with temperatures often reaching highs of 100 degrees. In the evenings the temperatures drop making the festival an ultimate camping adventure. Mix that with some art sculptures and performances from your favorite artists and you're sure to have an experience of a lifetime.

Some performers from this year's Coachella Festival include: Kings of Leon, Robyn, Lauryn Hill, Cee-Lo Green, Nas & Damien Marley, Wiz Khalifa, Jimmy Eat World, Erykah Badu and Mr. Kanye West.

Amazing right? I know, and I'm jealous of every single person that was forturnate enough to be there. Maybe next year. ::sigh::

Enjoy the pics!










No comments: