Tuesday, May 24, 2011

QUEEN LATIFAH'S NEW HSN CLOTHING LINE.


I have always thought of Queen Latifah as a well-dressed full figured woman. She knows how to dress her curves and always steps out fabulously. With poor representations of curvaceous woman like Gabby Sibide, it's great to see Latifah still holding down the big girls in a positive way.
The Chicago actress/entertainer is set to release a clothing and handbag line on August 27th via HSN and tells People Magazine, "I'm so excited about it. This is something that I have wanted to do for a long time." Just in time for the fall season, the collection will include all kinds of stylish items from dresses to pocketbooks to clip on extensions! yes, I said extensions! Although the line will cater mainly to the larger woman, Queen Latifah does not want it to be referred to as a Plus Size line. She tells Woman's Wear Daily,
“It is a word we need to bury at this point … I wanted to make something size two and up,” she said. “The truth is, we all would like to wear the same clothes. We all want to wear beautiful, fly clothes no matter what size you are, and so for me it was important to match with a company that understood and respected that ideal.”
Preview Pics:





Source

Needless to say, I'm excited for the line and I already know she is going to have crazy success and support!

PS. If you're wondering how expensive this line is going to run... no clothing item over $100 and leather, outerwear and handbags from $170 -$300. Fabulousity on a budget. I love it!

No comments: