Friday, May 13, 2011

DON'T DISCRIMINATE.. IT'S ONLY NAIL POLISH!

I know I haven't done a nail polish post in a while, reason being that I recently took the acrylic tips off of my nails and they look atrocious. Selfish I know, forgive me haha.
Today I went for a pedicure and while staring at my collection of polish and deciding whether I wanted to use my own color or one from the salon, I had an epiphany; Most of my nail polish is OPI. Don't get me wrong, I love looking at my nail polish and seeing the uniformity of all the OPI tops ( psycho.. im already aware). I know that I am not alone in this and many of my friends ONLY purchase OPI nail polish. I'm not so strict, occasionally buying other brands if I'm in a rush and don't have time to run to the mall. I can't help feeling like I have fallen into this box of the brands highly publicized by magazines (ie. OPI, Essie)  and encourage us all to break out and experiment! After all, it's just nail polish ...let's not discriminate!

10 BRANDS I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY:
  • China Glaze
  • Orly
  • Zoya
  • Revlon
  • CND Creative
  • Chanel
  • Dior
  • MAC
  • NARS
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure

2 comments:

Danielle said...

American Apparel Nail Lacquer is surprisingly amazing. One coat in most colors is usually enough to complete the nail. It's also great for those with an allergy to normal nail polish.

Kara J. said...

really? I must try! They always have cool colors